Sunday, September 5, 2010

Celebrity D&D!


So, the latest celebrity D&D game has been thrown up on YouTube; part 1 is seen above.

I have been following all of the WoTC celebrity casts, as many of us have - I have always enjoyed them. My favorite of these sessions is still probably the
PA/PvP pod casts. I have also listened to other live play casts outside the WoTC ones; some of those podcasts lived up to being interesting while others bored my mind a new hole. Regardless, I think it's something to take note of, these D&D pod/vid casts. I personally think that live play casts are a very important cultural development, within this little sub-culture of RPG-ing we are all a part of. I also think that there is more potential to be had in this.

To me this begs a few questions: What makes a D&D Podcast or Video good? -
and- What other potential is there in all of this; can it be taken further and into more specific interests.

Some examples of other like-minded developments can be found here:
Esper makes D&D storytelling casts with images and Sword Plus One uses stop motion stories - what else do you think would be interesting?

...YESTERDAY, at PAX, the group that started Celebrity D&D, PA, PvP and Wil had a live play session. Below is a short video that a fan caught, along with a close up, edited screen shot.




No comments:

Post a Comment